"Some Things" from the Week (2.26.17)

Monday, March 6, 2017


It's already Monday. Where did the weekend go? Where did the week go? Another busy week, and so here are "some things" from the week...

1. Something we bought...

My husband and I finally bought new phones. We hadn't bought a new phone in over two years, and the last time we did buy a phone we bought an older model because we really didn't care about getting the newest version. We are both iPhone people, so we have been using the 5s while the vast majority of iPhone users have 6 and 7's. I didn't think I wanted the newest version until I learned about the camera. The camera is the only reason I bought it. I take WAY too many pictures, so getting the iPhone 7 Plus with its fancy camera and 128 GB of storage (my 5s had a measly 32 GB) has made me very happy. I swear, this commercial was made for me. Let's hope I can manage my photos better with my new phone.

2. Something I love...

Again, let me talk about the camera on this phone. I didn't even realize how cool it was until I started using it. It has a Portrait option, which gives a depth effect. The camera focuses on the main subject and blurs the background (see my lion picture above). I think it's pretty cool. I love taking portrait pictures of my little one.

3.  Something I did...

I went to two different yoga classes. I changed it up from my usual Wednesday 6am class, and I went to a Sunday morning and a 5:45am class on Thursday. They were both challenging, but worth it.

4. Something else I did...

I went to a hockey game with my girlfriends. I hadn't been to a hockey game in years. I forgot how much I love hockey and going to a game - especially with good friends. It was a great way to end the week!

5. Something special...

On Saturday, we celebrated my husband's Granny's 90th birthday. It was really nice. His family has a tradition of singing "We hope you live to be 100" after singing "Happy Birthday." We sing this to everyone on their birthday, and let me tell you, it takes on a whole new meaning when you are singing this to someone celebrating their 90th birthday. I couldn't help but tear up. It was a pretty special day.

6. Something I want to read (sort of)...

My neighborhood has a book club, which I have been meaning to attend. I haven't made it yet because I have honestly had a conflict for every gathering since we moved here. The book they are reading now is A Man Called Ove. It sounds like a good book, and I think I would like to read it. But, I have just gotten back to Truly, Madly, Guilty after my "reading deprivation" and I really don't want to stop reading it again. I guess I will have to make time for a lot of reading in the next few weeks so that I can read both books before the end of the month.

7. Something I learned...

I read an article about children's tantrums and what you can do to help. Apparently, children typically scream, cry, pound fists, and stomp feet because feelings of anger come before sadness. Children don't realize they are sad and their emotions surface as anger. The recommendation: focus on addressing the child's sadness instead of the anger by giving the child a hug. This made me think about myself. I have told my husband a million times, I am not much of a crier. When I am hurt, I am more likely to get mad and yell rather than cry. I guess I have the emotional maturity of a two or three-year-old. Maybe I should work on this for My Happiness Project's March goals.

8. Something I enjoyed...

I finally started writing again. I have taken a little bit of time here and there to write for fun, and what I found out is, it is fun. Writing sometimes seems like work for me. Even though I love it, I make it almost seem like an obligation or a chore. Writing a story felt as entertaining to me as reading a good story. Do you ever read a book and actually miss the characters when you are not reading, and think, "I can't wait to get back to my book,"? Well, it's like that, except I am creating the story. Pretty cool.

9. Something I want to do...

I want to organize photos. It's time to update pictures in frames around my house, backup photos on hard drives, and delete photos from devices after they are backed up twice (because I need to make sure I am not losing ANY photos). I have taken probably tens of thousands of photos over the last two years, so this is quite the chore. Okay, maybe not tens of thousands, but probably close to ten thousand - maybe even a little more (not even kidding).

10. Something I am curious about...

Back to my iPhone Camera...(yes, I am a little obsessed). I want to learn more about what I can do with it. I actually signed up to receive email tips (is that weird?). Hey, if I paid the extra money to have a special camera, I want to make sure I am making the most of it! Plus, I love capturing moments with a camera and putting a creative touch on the photos. Moments are unique and beautiful, and I want my photos to be just that.

Have a beautiful week!

Curiously,

Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top