It's Nice to be Home

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Over the weekend, I visited my parents. I really do enjoy spending time with my parents very much. They don't live that far from us, but the two-hour drive is just far enough that I would much rather stay for a night or two rather than drive down just for the day.

I have always enjoyed going there and spending a few days. My mom makes delicious food, we talk and drink wine, and now that we have my little one, my parents have so much fun playing with her. My husband, P, and I used to love to go there because we could just "spread out" in their home. Their home is not by any means huge, but it is big enough and MUCH bigger than our old home. It would always feel so good to lounge freely and not feel so cramped.

Ever since I was pregnant, it was always tough to go home after visiting my parents. Our house would always feel so much smaller. I remember someone saying to me, "You know how it is when you are away from home, and you just can't wait to be home in your own house."  No. I didn't quite know. I suppose I used to feel this way about my house...because  I really did love it, but with five pets and a baby all in a house that was not quite 1100 square feet, I felt like I was screaming inside for more space.

Since we moved into our second home, it's hard to leave. I love being home. I love spending time with my parents too, but we have our pets, and we have all of our little one's toys here, and we have our neighbors, and the playground nearby, and the woods behind our house where we take relaxing walks. We absolutely adore where we are.

When we walked through the door on Sunday to our clean house with the sun pouring in through the windows, I actually let out a sigh of happiness. Joy bubbled up inside of me, and I couldn't wait to curl up on our couch under our blanket next to our family room window that overlooks the woods.

It felt so good to be home.

Of course, this picture has reminded me that we are in desperate need of purchasing window treatments. But I still love this room. Even with its naked windows. Now that's love.

Curiously,

Beth



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top