Two-topia

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Two weeks ago, we threw our little one a 2nd birthday party. The theme was Zootopia - the most popular movie in our house these days. This was our first birthday party in our new house, and we wanted to invite our friends in the neighborhood - all of whom have little kids. So, this was our first real birthday party with lots (and I mean LOTS) of kids. I was a little nervous only because having so many little kids together can result in them either having a ball or a fit. Lucky for us, it turned out to be a fun time for all!

Let me start by saying that Etsy was my best friend during this planning process. I want to send such a big thank you and shout out to all of the wonderful and talented people on Etsy who made it possible for me to make this such a special celebration. Here is a glimpse of our party...

First, we decorated with balloons from Party City. Most of the balloons were just the standard latex balloons, but we also purchased a couple of mylar balloons, which included a big gold number two and a Zootopia balloon. I actually ordered two Zootopia balloons, but one came with a hole and there wasn't enough time to replace it because it is on sold in our store. It was a minor glitch, but I thought the balloons still looked great.




By the way, if you ever buy latex balloons from Party City, definitely splurge on 15 cents extra per balloon to get the helium that lasts longer. Two weeks later, and we still have regular latex balloons floating along with our two mylar balloons. I have never had latex balloons last this long.

You can't really see it in these pictures, but the Happy Birthday sign has Zootopia characters on it. I found it on Etsy from YulisCraft. It was really adorable and also made a wonderful keepsake.

From Etsy, I also ordered a Zootopia Chalkboard Poster that included our little one's milestones. I ordered this from PosterPrintz, and I love it. It's another special keepsake for us.

For her birthday cake, we decided to go with a fox design rather than a Zootopia cartoon. I thought the fox cake was very pretty and still had Zootopia-ish flair.


For activities, we had a few things going on around our house. We had a fox craft as an option, which I found on I Heart Crafty Things. I thought it turned out very cute, and there were several kids who got into it!


I also came up with an idea for a "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game, except without the donkey or the tail. I purchased a Zootopia poster and police badge stickers and voila! We created our own Zootopia party game...pin the police badge on the fox! It was a hit.


As for other party games, we did not stick to the Zootopia theme, but they were still a blast. We had a Scavenger Hunt Puzzle from Party City, which the kids also really enjoyed. This was surprisingly the party favorite. We saved the game, and we will definitely get it out the next time we have kids over and they need something to do. Last but not least, we had the kids participate in a few rounds of good old-fashioned Limbo. It was a riot. If you have never done the Limbo with a bunch of 2 to 5 year-olds, you are totally missing out. Please do it at your next party.

The day ended up being so much fun, and it is now such a special memory. As you can see from the first picture, we surprised our birthday girl with Judy and Nick stuffed animals. When you squeeze them, they say lines from the movie. She loves them!

One of my favorite things that I bought for her birthday is this adorable shirt from the sweet Etsy shop Lil Threadz. The site said it was a boy's shirt, but I thought it was perfect for our fox-loving little birthday girl. This is easily one of her favorite shirts, so I am sure she will get a lot of wear out of this in the next months.


So, I guess you could say our birthday was a Zootopia-ish and fox-ish themed. We didn't go crazy with the theme, but it was just enough to make it special for our little birthday girl. I still cannot believe she is two. The two very best years of my life...

Curiously,

Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top